Effective Date: December 2, 2015
These current privacy policies and the privacy practices described herein apply to personal information previously collected from you by Militzabooks, as well as personal information that we may collect from you in the future.
Please note that during the checkout process you will be handed over to our payment processors and that we may send some of your personal data to this processor. We do not collect or store any payment or credit card data.
Depending on how you choose to interact with Militzabooks, we may collect personal information from you, for example your name, e-mail address, billing address, shipping address, phone number, date of birth and other persistent identifiers that can be used to personally identify you. We may also collect other personal information regarding your interaction with Militzabooks Websites, Devices and Apps, including usage information, the items that you browse, purchase, download, read, watch and otherwise access, and your geographic location.
We collect your personal information in an effort to provide you with a superior customer experience and, as necessary, to administer our business. It allows us to provide you with easy access to our products and services, with a particular focus on the items and programs that may be of most interest to you. For more information as to why we collect personal information, please see the section below entitled: “How do we use your personal information?”
Your personal information also allows us to communicate with you about special offers, promotions, and other marketing programs and news that may be of interest to you. You always have the opportunity to unsubscribe from promotional emails by following the instructions included in each marketing email or by changing your preferences in your account. You may unsubscribe from mobile notifications by changing your settings in the Apps or on party device.
As a general matter, you can browse the Militzabooks Websites without submitting your personal information to us, although we may receive and collect certain personal information automatically, such as site analytics regarding our websites, information your Internet browser automatically sends when you visit our websites, and information collected by cookies.
However, there are a number of circumstances in which you may need to provide us with your personal information. The most common of these circumstances include:
- Making a purchase or placing an order
- Creating an account
- Contacting customer service
- Additional Militzabooks Website or App Features
- Interacting with social networking sites
- Entering a sweepstakes or contest
- Publishing through Militzabooks
- Signing up for promotional communications or Affiliate program,
There are circumstances in which we automatically receive and collect information from you. The most common sources of this information include:
- Web server logs
- Pixel tags or clear GIFs
- Business partners, contractors, and other third parties
Militzabooks uses your personal information to provide you with a better customer experience and, as necessary, to administer our businesses. For example, we use your personal information to:
- Administer our programs;
- Provide customer;
- Conduct research and perform analysis in order to measure, maintain, protect, develop and improve our products and services;
- Administer sweepstakes, contests, promotions or surveys and provide appropriate notifications;
- Communicate with you about special offers, events, or new products or services that may be of interest to you;
- Customize and enhance the Militzabooks Websites and advertising;
- Make communications necessary to notify you regarding security, privacy, and administrative issues; and
- Manage our business.
Protecting the privacy and security of your personal information is a priority at Militzabooks. Militzabooks DOES NOT SELL OR RENT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION TO THIRD PARTIES.
Please note that your data may be transferred to or shared with a third party as part of a sale, merger, or acquisition of Militzabooks.
Militzabooks shares your personal information with:
- Credit card companies. Credit card transactions are handled by third party financial institutions and their vendors and contractors who receive credit card numbers and other personal information from us or when we transfer you to their website or portal to verify the credit card numbers and process transactions. Although Militzabooks’s treatment of this information is governed by this policy, the use of your information by the third party financial institutions and their vendors and contractors will be subject to their own privacy policies.
- Law enforcement officials and as required by law. Militzabooks may release personal information to third parties when we determine, in our judgment, that it is necessary to (a) comply with the law, regulation, legal process, or enforceable governmental request; (b) enforce or apply the terms of any of our policies or user agreements; or (c) protect the rights, property or safety of Militzabooks, our employees, our customers, users, or others.
You may choose to opt out from receiving marketing and promotional communications from Militzabooks at any time by following the un-subscribe instructions in the communication item.
Please be aware that even if you opt-out of receiving promotional communications, you may continue to receive emails and notifications relating to order confirmations, back order notifications, membership information, and/or other business-related communications.
Militzabooks provides you with the ability to access, correct, change or request deletion of the personal information in your community profile(s) at any time by following the instructions on the website.
Except as noted below : (i) our products and services are marketed for and directed towards purchase by adults or with the consent of adults; (ii) Individuals under the age of 18 (“Minors”) are not permitted to use Militzabooks Websites or Apps without the supervision of a parent or legal guardian; (iii) we do not knowingly collect or solicit personal information from children under the age of 13 or knowingly allow such persons to register for an online account or to post personal information on the Militzabooks Websites; and (iv) should we learn that someone under the age of 13 has provided any personal information to or on any of the Militzabooks Websites, we will remove that information as soon as possible.
We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you with services. We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
Important information about third party devices, ISPs, websites and applications
If you are visiting Militzabooks or a Militzabooks Websites and provide us with personal information, please note that your personal information will be transferred, stored and processed within the United States. Additionally, Militzabooks may transfer your personal information to other countries, for example because a server or third party service provider is located there. The data protection and privacy laws of other countries, including the United States, may not afford you the same level of protection as those in your own country.
By doing business or interacting with Militzabooks, you are consenting to the transfer, storage, and processing of your personal information to and within facilities located in the United States and other facility locations selected by Militzabooks.